SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Lazy Sunday GTKY

Oakley
12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

2. What have you eaten today?

3. Are you reading any good books? If so, what?

4. What was the best part of the past week?

5. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?

6. Have you started any Christmas shopping?

7. What's the worst gift you've ever given but didn't mean to?

8. Why were you given your name?

9. Are you looking forward to cold temperatures?

1. If your TV is on, no matter who's watching it, what show is airing?

Comments (22)

• terezosa / terriks
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    work out clothes, but I haven't gotten my lazy butt into gear to actually work out yet

Bagel with cream cheese, orange juice, and hot chocolate

Finished reading Room last week for my book club - I highly recommend it

The weather here was awesome

Nothing much, I was the "good" kid in the family

Nope

None that I know of

I was named after my paternal grandmother

Only to wear my new boots

DH has football on, but is only half watching while he works
  • Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Green ss tee shirt, light green knit capris.

Ceral and Bacon for brunch, and half a blueberry muffin two hours later. I'm starved today!

My all time favorite author came out with a new book which I ordered today (Allison Weir's "Mary Boleyn, Mistress of Kings."), but I started reading "The Shack" today.

My 3 yr. old DGS visiting yesterday.

Two girfriends and I decided to skip the rest of the day in Jr. High. So we ran like crazy up the alley to my house. Once we got there the school secretary called who happened to see us out her office window, asking if we were having fun. lol Oops!

You betcha! It takes me forever to decide on gifts so I always start in September.

I was soooo embarrassed but everyone thought it was cute. I thought I bought my DS's FIL a Tervis Tumbler with his college alma mater on it, but I accidentally bought the tumbler sitting next to it with another town's high school logo on it! No relation to the town or the recipient!

No clue about my first name, but my middle name "Leigh" is a family name.

Yes, yes, and YES! We had 61 days of 100 plus temps. At least we've had two freezes this week. Today will be in the 80s though. Darn it!

DH is reading and watching football in the LR. I'm back in the office with QVC on. I love QVC when I'm on the computer! lol. Unfortunately they're selling TV's right now. :)

• Related Discussions

A Lazy Sunday Morning

Q

Comments (8)
    The picture of Deliverer was taken later today than usual. I am usually out before 9:00AM. Also there are variations in how I adjusted the photos. I have a cheap camera so I need to tinker a bit in Photoshop to get the colours right. Some times it is easier than others.
    ...See More

GTKY - Random questions.

Q

Comments (44)
    Enjoying GTKY, OK, I'll play, even though I'm a marketingresearchaphobe... 1. Coffee, tea or soda? Coffee only with Bailey's, Sweet Tea, please mam and Dr Pepper, the one in the 8oz bottle made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar instead of icky corn syrup, phffthhtthhhh! 2. Do you live in an urban or rural area? Suburban, planned, golf course community owned by the city, complete with "experimental outdoor mall", LOL! I really like it though. 3. What was the last item you purchased other than food? A new everyday plastic pitcher and Pinelogs (they're all I can use due to DH's allergies). 4. Do you subscribe to a daily newspaper? No, gave that up a few years ago. Hated to do it since I'm a print designer, but it was a matter of economics, not principles. 5. Who called you on the phone last? My sweet friend, Marti. 6. What is your favorite TV show? Hell's Kitchen 7. What is your favorite TV news source? Fox, local or FNC. 8. Credit or Debt? Debit for the most part. 9. Paper, plastic or do you bring your own bags? Own bags (one of my stores now sports a reminder painted on the corner of parking spaces to remind you of your bags, LOL!) 10. What Thrift store do you usually donate to and why? Goodwill if I deliver. SA if I want them to pick up. 11. When you shop in person, do you usually frequent the mall, specialty boutiques or ??? Specialty boutiques, rarely the mall. 12. What is your favorite online shopping source? Amazon 13. Clothes, shoes or house stuff? Duh, house stuff, LOL! I finally gave in somewhat this winter and bought a few clothes/shoes/"foundations"... 14. Hair. Home dye, professional dye or natural? Professional dye'n chisel ;-) 15. Do you keep a journal? Have one, don't keep, should have been a NY resolution, ha! 16. Do you have a bucket list? I joke about it from time to time, but do I really have a running tally? Nope. 17. What is your least favorite chore? Toilets, I just won't do 'em, 'nuf said! 18. What book are you reading? Just finished Rainwater by Sandra Brown (smarmy love story, but interesting because I love depression era novels), just started Witch & Wizard by James Patterson, my first JP novel, jury's still out.
    ...See More

Let's do another GTKY topic

Q

Comments (44)
    1. What are you wearing right now? Brown tweed, cuffed wide leg trousers, cream kitten heels and a cream short sleeved turtleneck sweater w/ a cream knit flower. 2. What have you eaten today..if you haven't eaten yet, what did you eat for dinner yesterday? 1c. mini wheats 16 animal crackers 1/4 c. roasted peanuts 1c. chicken 1c. scalloped potatoes 3. Do you decorate for Halloween? Yep 4. Have you begun your Christmas shopping or making lists? Absolutely to both. It's the only way that I can budget, be sane, be happy and get the kids something they will be thrilled w/. I keep a running list of gift ideas and whenever something pops in to my head or somebody mentions something in passing I write it down. 5. What town/city were you born in? Lancaster PA 6. What is your favorite Sweet Bread? ex: Banana bread, etc. Zucchini Bread 7. What was a favorite event of your childhood? Honestly I don't really have any that come to mind right away. I moved around so much and was always the only multi-racial child wherever we went so I got picked on. A lot. I spent a lot of time playing by myself, reading, daydreaming and playng w/ my pets. I was the only child in the family and extended family for a very long time. 8. Who was your first celebrity crush? Shawn Cassidy 9. What do you do on Sundays? If my chores have been kept up I relax while the baby is down for her nap. When naptime is a thing of the past I desperately want to try to get into attending church w/ DH. He plays in the church band and I 've finally found a minister I relate to. 10. Would you rather stay home or go out on Friday nights? If it includes DH I'd rather stay home. If I'm on my own or w/ friends then going to a bar or club is my #1 thing to do!
    ...See More

Lazy Sunday pictures

Q

Comments (12)
    I think I am going to dig up Niagara Falls and put it in a pot. I don't like wasting that space on a plant that is not doing well. I bought Dress Blues because I liked Phil and Don's plant so much. A lot things remind me of Phil and I feel bad that his last growing season was such a disappointment to him :(
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Jeans, black tank, black cardigan, clogs, a long crystal bead necklace and a silver chain with a magnifying glass hanging from it.

Oh dear....this is awful.....a hard-boiled egg, part of an omelet with peppers and onions, a pb sandwich and about 10 mini chocolate bars left over from the trick or treaters we had at work yesterday.

Just finished the Butterfly Cabinet by Bernie McGill and just started Dreams of Joy by Lisa See

Nothing too exciting in the past week. Though this is so stupid it's still making me laugh. Dh kissed me good-by the other day and said "I'm going to make like a Shepard and get the flock out of here".

Smoked pot across the street from the hs with a whole group of kids. Didn't know the police were taking our pictures with a telephoto camera . They called in the parents to show them close ups.

No

No idea. I'm sure I've given some duds over the years, but no complaints yet.

My grandmother liked it better than the name Lanette.

Yes, it's so beautiful after it snows here.

It's on a music station. Coffeehouse Rock I think.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Tan pants, pink shirt, pink socks, leopard-style-fabric slippers which I bought because they sort of match my Giallo ornamentale kitchen counters.

Flax Cereal, half a grapefruit and leftover mashed yams.(3:15)

No, I just came home from the library with some mysteries and political thrillers.

Mixed emotions - my eldest son left for South America on Monday for 9 weeks and judging by his e-mails he is having a blast.

Not much - I was the eldest of 6 and the goodie, goodie one. - very boring but true.

Looking for, but not yet bought, a coat for my son.

Years ago when I was in Hawaii with a girlfriend I bought a t-shirt with a plant on it for my Mom. She is big into gardening. She was a home ec teacher at a high school and wore it one day. Turns out the plant was a marijuana plant which her students laughingly pointed out to her.(see #5 re: goodie, goodie)

Because my parents liked it, however of the 6 of us I was the only one not named after a family member. I haven't decided if that requires counseling or not. :)

On the mountains yes, because it brings snow for skiiing.

It isn't on.
  • paintergirl94
    12 years ago

1. I am wearing the usual: jeans and t-shirt
    2. My DH made a cheese platter for during the Jets game. I also nibbled on the ginger bread house I made w/the kids this morning.
    3. I am reading Spindle w/my third grader.
    4. The best part of last week was that I started painting a mural in a nursery.
    5. I was way too responsible growing up.
    6. When's Christmas?
    7. I make a lot of the gifts I give, so hopefully no duds. But, ya never know.
    8. I am named after a character on a soap opera.
    9. Nothing better than it being cold outside and a roaring fire in our fireplace.

1. It's Sunday, so football is on TV. I am doing some sketches, so it's background noise for me.
  • alisande
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Grey yoga pants, charcoal grey turtleneck, light grey pullover, Lands' End All-Weather Mocs (grey).

It's 6:45 p.m. Too many things to list w/o embarrassment.

A book of short stories by Amy Bloom, and Worth Dying For, by Lee Child.

Hanging out at a jazz club Thursday night.

Smoked. Ugh.

Started months ago. Now I'm working on the handmades.

This makes me squirm.....When I was 19 my best friend got married. My wedding gift was a pair of birds (I forget what kind--small, but expensive) and a beautiful bird cage. It never occurred to me that one should ask the recipient if they want to take on birds as pets. Sad to say, the birds didn't last long.

My mother liked it. My father wanted Gretchen.

Never. I have Raynaud's, and dread the damage my hands suffer every year.

It's not on, but I'm listening to the police scanner.
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

What are you wearing?
    Jeans, nice shirt, socks

Why do you do this? You are forcing me to show what a glutton I am. I can't list everything, but, fyi, I am on the lower side of the bmi for my weight.

Hmmmm, I have been rereaing Time Travelers wife lately.
    I do indeed skim over some of the parts but my favorite bits are wonderful.

Mountain day trip with dh to Highlands/Cashiers, NC.
    I want to move there when we retire. Our current house there, would cost 5 times what it is here. So we probably won't.

I ate the chocolate chips Mom was saving for cookies.

Huh?

I can't go there either, I refuse to relive bad memories.

My mother loved it.

Oh, my, oh, my, YES!!!

Instrumental music channel
  • Sueb20
    12 years ago

1. Just got home from a day trip with the family and immediately put on flannel pj bottoms. So I'm wearing a black cashmere sweater with pink and blue floral flannel "pants." Hope no one stops by unannounced!

2. Oatmeal for breakfast. Then arrived at destination (Portsmouth NH) and had coffee and pumpkin scone. Had a late lunch at Portsmouth Brewery: one beer, chicken salad sandwich, chips and salsa. Then two bits of DH's pumpkin whoopie pie. Oink. No dinner tonight!

3. I am reading a book about teenage girls, can't recall the title. (DD is almost 11; I'm preparing myself early!) But I recently finished "The Kitchen House" which was a GREAT book.

4. Probably today's day trip.

5. Not very much. Not that I didn't do anything wrong -- I just didn't get caught! I was stopped by the cops once when I was maybe 17, parked in a field drinking vodka and fruit punch with friends. The cops made us pour out the alcohol in the field, and let us go. Now that I have teenage kids, this story horrifies me!

6. I have bought one present.

7. I made a handknit blanket for my friend's new baby. It was my first time making something that big, and it came out terrible. I gave it to her anyway she tried very hard not to laugh.

8. I think my parents just liked the name.

9. No, no, no!

1. DD is watching something on Disney channel.
  • User
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing? DH and I went hiking on the Pine Mt trail today and just got home. I showered and changed into black calf length sweats and a thermal shirt that was DS1's in the USMC and a huge sweater that was Momma's...family fully represented :)

2 cups of coffee before we went to meditation group early this AM. Then home and had 2 slices of homemade Challah with homemade elderberry jam and butter and hot spiced tea. Made pbj sandwiches with the same bread and jam and apples for our hike. Just finished having Happy Hour with DH by the pool and reliving the great day...crackers/cheese/Shiraz. Had a piece of leftover homemade pizza for supper....all done eating for the day LOL.

3. Are you reading any good books? If so, what?Just got The Help from the library...haven't started it yet. Read Paris Wives...Ernest Hemingway's first wife...a really good book.

4. What was the best part of the past week? Hmmm...ran every single day...had not done that in a while. Planted pansies in the garden...swam for the last time in my pool on Monday. Had a wonderful convo with DS2....would have to say that was right up there as the bestest...

5. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?not even going to go there

6. Have you started any Christmas shopping?don't do that in our family since the kids were little...long time now.

7. What's the worst gift you've ever given but didn't mean to?see above...have no idea.

8. Why were you given your name?My Dad wanted to name me Sadie...my maiden name was Hawkins. Momma said " no way" LOL. My Great Aunt was Caroline...boy am I glad.

9. Are you looking forward to cold temperatures?Had some 40's this week. Nope. I hate all cold weather. Must be poor circulation...DS1 says it is cause I have no body fat LOL. Whatever I hate hate cold weather.

1. If your TV is on, no matter who's watching it, what show is airing?We don't have a TV since just after Katrina.
  • neetsiepie
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    I have a terrible cold so I'm wearing green velvet sweats, and orange T and gray socks. And my blankie.

I just ate a PB&J sandwich, I also ate a few bites of an apple, but mostly drinking fluids and taking different meds.

I'm reading one by Harlan Coben, don't know the name of it, it's ok. I just finished reading Anne of Green Gables, hadn't read it since I was a kid, and I loved it even more today.

This was a weird week. On Wednesday I went to see Night Ranger, Foreigner and Journey in concert, the next day I had to go to two funeral services.

Too many things to list. Probably the most frequent was fighting with my brother...we set off the burglar alarm one time and that got us into A LOT of trouble with Dad.

Not really, we're waiting till DS gets home to celebrate, so that might not happen until February. And in that case, I can scoop up great bargains after Christmas.

I was in a rush and wanted to make my sister a beautiful shadow box for her wedding. I forgot half my stuff at home (she got married in another state) so the job ended up half finished and horrible. I was so embarrassed to give it to her. I hope she threw it out!

I was named after my mothers favorite doll. Good thing...had they gone the traditional route, I'd have been named Josephina, after my fathers paternal grandmother.

Not really. We had a late, cool summer, so the entire year was on the cool side...would have liked some nice 80 degree days this year, now we're heading into the rainy season.

I had Sex and the City on, but left the room, now DH has some Investigation Discovery show on.
  • deeinohio
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    1980s beach shirt, green capris, black socks, black shoes. (I'm on my way to a fashion show-actually, cleaning the basement)

Banana, peanut butter sandwich, caramel apple, pepper steak for dinner

Reading The Help

Got the closing date for our cabin

Once wrote my name on the wall with the bottom of the pick-up stix can and blamed my brother, who was 2 at the time, then lied over and over.

No.

Once re-gifted one of our wedding gifts to a friend who married shortly after us....and forgot to remove the card from the person who gave it to us. They read the card out loud (from the time when gifts were opened in front of guests). Still makes me turn red.

My mother named me after a 1950s actress.

Yes.

World Series
  • hhireno
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    black jeans, white tee, black Danskin jacket, shoes

1 egg & 1 white scrambled with rice & some cantaloupe; veggie & hummus wrap sandwich (my new favorite lunch: flat out brand wrap, homemade hummus, cuke, red pepper, shredded carrot, spinach - mmmmm!)& a Honeycrisp apple; salad & 2 pieces of Silician pizza

I'm finishing up a P.D. James (I don't know the title off hand. My Mum tore off the cover since it had a snake on it and she knows how much I hate snakes), just finished The Girl Who Fell from the Sky for book club (it was okay), about to start My Korean Deli.

We were in D.C. until Wednesday evening and had a great time. I saw Maya Angelou & Elie Weisel speak! I walked, walked, walked, visited 7 museums, and even went to a hockey game. The weather was ideal for touring & visiting.

My closest-in-age-to-me sister & I were rocking a wing chair & it tipped over & broke a small front window. My Dad said we had to pay for it from our allowance. My sister, always the mouthy one replied "we don't get an allowance." He said "you do know and you have to pay for the repair." Little did we realize that since we lived in Navy housing the repair didn't cost my Dad anything. On the plus side, we started receiving an allowance. Any time I was in trouble, it was because of my closest-in-age-to-me sister.

Good heavens no. I buy about 4 gifts & it doesn't take too long. I usually do my shopping the first week in December.

Dunno,can't think of anything that I knew was wrong. I'm sure there was something but I might have to poll my recipients to answer this. And why bring up the hurt?

Dunno, my Mum said she doesn't remember any specific reason.

Absolutely NOT. I already miss the warm temperatures. It's a long fall & winter for me.

DH is upstairs watching baseball. Fortunately, I can't hear it. The sport I really cannot bear to hear is football. Nothing makes me crankier than football, in general, but the show The Red Zone specifically. It's sports for ADD people and gamblers. It. Is. Awful. I'd rather listen to a jackhammer than a football game.
  • joshuasamah
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Work out clothes
    two pretzels and for dinner chicken, lentils and brown rice

Nothing great-Wild Swans-a book about a Chinese family

Playing with my grandchildren

Probably fighting with my brother-we are three years apart and he was a wuss

About half way done--preordered two Kindle Fire and two Kindle Touch 3g last week, toys for grands almost done, mostly still have to buy for my son and son in law

7. What's the worst gift you've ever given but didn't mean to? Can't think of anything but I am sure I have made some mistakes

No idea-no one in the family with the same name that I am aware of

NO NO NO

My DH is watching some sports thing I hate it
  • tinam61
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing? nightie

2. What have you eaten today? getting ready to have a caramel latte

Not a book, but downloaded two magazines to my nook this weekend and hope to catch up on those.

4. What was the best part of the past week? Spending LOTS of time outside in our beautiful weather. It has been amazing here.

Ha! My sister refers to me as the angel child.

6. Have you started any Christmas shopping? No. Christmas shopping is not a big deal for us and we have very few we buy for. It won't be time consuming for us. I have been thinking what we want to buy, etc.

7. What's the worst gift you've ever given but didn't mean to? Probably a wall clock that I thought was really nice, but apparently my sister and BIL did not share that opinion.

8. Why were you given your name? My parents liked the name

9. Are you looking forward to cold temperatures? No. I like it cold for the holidays, but we love outdoor activities, and I miss those when/if it's really cold. Thankfully, we usually have a short and mild winter.

1. If your TV is on, no matter who's watching it, what show is airing? It's not on.

tina

• ttodd
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Dark brown military style pants, long sleeved grey T and brown, black and grey plaid snealers.

1. What have you eaten today?
      Nothing yet - headed in to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal soon.

I hope so! I just picked up A Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber.

Giving ny 2 wks notice and then having my mgr. call me 2 days later to trun in my keys. Said that they already found someone to replace me. They really didn't and according to other staff the paperwork is piling up left and right because nobody knows how to do it.

Speaking my mind to adults in charge in a clear, concise, logical manner as to why whatever they were doing was not the only way to do something. Unfortunatley it was usually in front of a group of kids that I did tihs.

I have! I'm going to be all over it this year!

Not sure

When my mom called my name for dinner she didn't want every kid on the block to come running.

100% yes!

For once it's not on. I'm learning to enjoy silence.
  • ttodd
    12 years ago

Wow I have a ton of typos!

Deedee - I LOVE that joke! I'll have a grin on my face for awhile thinking of it.

• User
    12 years ago

DH always says " I am going to make like a tree and leaf ! ". c

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    12 years ago

Gotta love those goofy dhs! And love GTK all of you better!

FYI everyone, I have mended my wayward ways since sophomore year:)

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

Well, right now it's a lazy Tuesday evening and I'm trying to put off ironing DH's dress shirt for work tomorrow as long as possible, so I hope I can still "play" ;^D

1. What are you wearing?
    Jeans, a black, long-sleeve tee shirt and black leather boots. I'm going to change into my pjs in just a few minutes.

the usual healthful breakfast; a fabulous oven roasted veggies in a mushroom broth over grilled polenta and topped with a small scoop of whipped goat cheese for lunch ( at a restaurant in town with my best friend); a bowl of Wheat Chex in skim milk for dinner, as DH and DD weren't here and I was feeling lazy.

I'm reading a biography of the current Dali Lama, written by a close family friend of his

Meeting up with my best friend for lunch today in town . . .fun!

I was a tomboy. Once when I was 12, my then best friend Barbie and I decided one cold winter Saturday morning to try and raft across the melting local skating pond on an a big "ice flow", using broom sticks to push us along. The pond was only about 24" deep, made by the local parents in a vacant play lot. Needless to say, it didn't go as planned. We both fell in pretty quickly and had to bike home soaking wet and icy. My parents were so ticked off at me, but were kind of used to Barbie's and my crazy stunts by then. They still grounded me for a few days, though. I could write a book on the stupid things Barbie and I did as kids. We're both very lucky that we never broke anything or got killed!

Yes, but I wish that I was further along than I am

a yellow sweats outfit to a good friend who, it turned out, looked really, really awful in yellow!

My parents just like the name, Lynn. I wasn't named for anyone

I'm looking forward to cooler Autumn temps, but not below freezing yet!

the local evening news is just now starting. I'm a bit of a news junkie

Lynn

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

. . . that's "Dalai Lama". I was tired last night when I first posted and didn't reread well enough before hitting "Submit". Sorry!
    Lynn

• nancybee_2010
    12 years ago

1. jeans, black top, red sweater, black ballet flats
    2. so far, cottage cheese
    3. The Good Daughter, about a young woman's mother's life in Iran and here. Next, the new book by Tatum O'Neil. (I like memoirs).
    4. being with my daughter and new son-in-law.
    5. in grade school, we had just waxed our wood desks (end of the year) and I wiped my hands in a girl's hair. (!)
    6. I've done a little bit of Christmas shopping.
    7. I bought a big box of godiva chocolates for a woman who struggles with her weight. Cringe. How thoughtless of me! I was young and didn't think it through.
    8. They just liked the name. And it was probably one of the most popular names in the fifties!
    9. No, I don't like being cold.
    10.TV's not on.

• newdawn1895
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    I am still in my pajama's and robe, I'm terrible.
    english muffin and oatmeal, grilled hamburger patty and salad.

All over but the shoutin'...Rick Bragg

My girlfriend spent the weekend with me and we had a blast. Had pedicures, went shopping, rented movies, grilled out, just a great time.

skipped school

no

7. What's the worst gift you've ever given but didn't mean to? When I was 19 I ran to the drug store and bought my older sister a bun warmer for the table.

It was taken out of the bible. Rebecca However, I have always been called by my middle name Jane.

No way

Some movie, I don't know the name.
Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths