SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_in_ia

How Long Would YOU Stay In A Marriage????

sandy_in_ia
14 years ago

I have a friend...one of my very bestest, that is sitting in a marriage just waiting for the 'right' time to get out. They will be married 25 years this summer, 3 kids..youngest is 15.

Little background. They have been our dearest friends for all these years...we have always known where ever we were, we were there for the other. When they had their first baby, they were at our house visiting, she was trying to get the baby settled down - while the men talked. Pretty soon, her D?H tells her to get him a beer...which she doesn't think twice about and does! I think Dean could have picked my mouth up off the floor!!! I have always had half an eye on him since...as he really lowered himself that day!

For the last 5 years (if honest...many more!), it has been bad....last 2, worse! NOTHING physical, just emotional. He won't say anything bad in front of the kids...NEVER. Except he did get caught one night by a DD that he thought was sound asleep. My friend has put up with it, we have offered her and her kids our house more times than I could count. She does know it is there, but just doesn't want to disrupt 2 families! (whatever!) I do have to admit that I haven't been with her as much as I should have, because it is always bad, but she isn't willing to get out of it.

She is a VERY Christian women. They have been to councilors together and seperatly. Marriage retreats...you know it, they have tried it to try to save the family.

FINALLY, she has gotten out some applications for a different job (the job she is at, won't employee her if she divorces..HONESTLY! *shaking head*). She has apt aps out also and it is available ASA she wants it.

How long would/did you stick around if you couldn't stand the man that you are living with? Would you/did you do it for the children? I don't mean to be nosey, but I cannot imagane staying in this situation for all the years she did.

I am blessed and I thank God that I am, to have a wonderful loving, giving, trusting husband.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH