SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Random thoughts on a rainy day

hhireno
10 years ago

I'm sitting here waiting for something to finish baking and my head is filled with random thoughts.

Why is it that I'm the only one who knows how to operate the top down/bottom up shade in the guest bathroom?

Why is it that it took until today for me to realize I should just replace that shade to avoid future frustration with being the only one skilled enough to operate it?

Why is it that my husband can't remember to put the hanger, from the shirt he just put on, into the laundry basket that resides in the closet for that very purpose? And why is it I can't remember to check if he remembered to toss the hangers in there before I bring the laundry downstairs? On the plus side, it does get me another flight of stairs on my fitbit when I have to go back up for them.

If you ever want to appreciate your spouse, take a vacation with friends and their spouses. I was away with a group of friends recently and was reminded that as much as I like their husbands, I could not live with them beyond a week of vacation. I'm sure they would say the same of me. And that's cool. As long as my husband wants to live with me beyond a week of vacation, it's all good.

What is everyone else thinking about today?

Comments (8)