SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Children by different fathers

neetsiepie
14 years ago

So I'm scraping the old paint out of a cabinet and my mind wanders aimlessly. I start thinking about a girlfriend's child, then, as often happens when we aimlessly think, I started to realize that all my IRL girlfriends who've been married more than once, have children only by one of their husbands. No half-siblings.

After my divorce, I had a tubal because I didn't want any more children...ever. It never was an issue with my 2nd (and forever) husband, tho we had said it would have been nice to have a child together, we raised the kids as ours.

As I thought of my friends, I realized that all of them had been young moms (early 20's) and most were divorced young also. We were all still of child bearing age when we met our next SO's or DH's, but none ever had any more kids. Step kids, sure, but none with the new partner.

Is this just something unique in my circle or have any of you noticed that too? I do know a few other women that have children of different fathers, but they're not friends of mine. Is that weird?

Just another random thought on a mindless task day...

Comments (15)