SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

bad day yesterday (long)

sue_va
13 years ago

My sweet very old Lottiecat died. She was probably a year or so old when she showed up at a friend's house. She had been spayed and front declawed and was very healthy, so she had been somebody's pet. Friend could not locate the owner and wasn't allowed to have pets where she lived. She cared for her for about a month, and then called me to see if I would take her.

I didn't have a cat at the time, so I was glad to have her. That was 16 years ago, so she was now maybe 17-18 years old . She probably had been an indoor/outdoor cat, but I kept her indoors. She was the best, smartest and most lovable cat I've ever had.

I recently noticed she was losing weight, and about three weeks ago she stopped eating. I bought different kinds of food for her, but she refused them and only wanted water, then she didn't even want that. She had never been sick, and she didn't cry or moan, but got very weak, just mostly slept. Then yesterday morning I found her in the hall; she had died during the night. My DD and I had made all the arrangements in preparation for this happening.

I had an appointment at the Pain Clinic at 12:30. My DD came to pick me up and brought me home, then she took Lottie and buried her in her back yard, among the flowers and trees. Usually the injections aren't a problem but this time I was in real pain and she insisted I not go. We both cried as she left with her. Now I am tearing up typing this.

After she left I rested for a while and then came here to read and found CR's post about Miss Emmie. I was typing a reply when suddenly my computer went black and it died completely. I was devastated, but nothing that I did made it work. Then I remembered something I had read at CompHelp. I checked all the plugs, nothing loose, so I unplugged it from the wall and left it for a couple hours. Came back, and it worked!! It is still working this morning.

Lottiecat is gone and my house seems empty. I have replied to CR's post.

" 'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all." Tennyson

Even if it is "just" a pet.

My favorite pic of Lottie.

Sue

Comments (42)