SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvwine_gw

New HVAC system pricing/features help!

Luvwine
9 years ago

Ok. Am renovating a 100 year old house and adding on some square footage (and removing some). Going from a 4300 square foot to about 5300 when all is said and done and have 10 foot ceilings down and 9.5 up. Old system was an ancient boiler for heat and older inefficient A/C units and we are scrapping it all and getting a new system.

Just finished framing up the addition and contractor sent over a fairly cryptic quote from his HVAC subcontractor as follows:

1st Floor- Furnace 90% AFUE M#58SCU080-16 and 4 ton 13 SEER Puron AC M#CA13NA048- 2 zone 14,14,10

US- Furnace 90% AFUE M#58SCU080-16 and 4 ton 13 SEER Puron AC M#CA13NA048

Total $15,000.00- 1 year labor and 10 year labor warranty

Could not find much information on the furnace, but the A/C unit seems to be less efficient than anything on the Carrier website at 13 seer and is noisy (78db). Also, we have a grand piano and often struggle to maintain reasonable humidity in the winter and moderate humidity in the summer (in Atlanta) and so want to consider a system that regulates humidity if possible (understanding this will cost more).

Any thoughts on the units/pricing given so far? Thoughts on what might work for our needs without going crazy on the price? I have contacted the sub and asked for more information as the units they quote are not on the website and told them about our desire to regulate humidity and explore a quieter more efficient unit depending upon cost.

Thanks for any thoughts/info! I am a newbie here. This is my first post, so please be gentle. :)

Comments (3)