SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi_boo

Another Mom Update

mimi_boo
15 years ago

For those who asked that I keep the KT updated, here's the latest.

Brought Mom home from the hospital last Wednesday night late. Finally got into bed around 10:30.

Thursday was a follow up appt. at the eye specialst and she could see 2 fingers in front of her and some numbers in large print close up. The pressure was a 12. The doctors seemed pleased.

Flash forward to Friday afternoon when I went into the office after finding a babysitter (or 2) and talked with my boss and HR. They are very accommodating. I'll be taking off 4 days a week FMLA to care for Mom. She needs 24/7 care for this recovery period. I'm hoping only 2-3 weeks. My brother will take off Fridays and take care of her then and possibly Saturdays too. That way I can get 1-2 days of pay depending on if they approve me substituting a normal work day for a Saturday. I might be able to stay in touch with what's going on at work this way too.

Staying pretty close to home this past weekend and today. Had a minor meltdown yesterday after she decided to "rub her eye because something was in it".... Arrgh. It's called about a dozen nylon stitches!!!! Her NPH is really affecting her memory so she doesn't recall from one moment to the next that she needs to keep her hands away from her eye at all times.

We're being lazy today, I've done dishes and might tackle some taxes.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. I've saved them all on my cell phone to reread when I need a lift.

From the bottom of my heart - thank you.

Barbara

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor