SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctrl_z

3 questions remaining after reading manuals

ctrl-z
16 years ago

While awaiting a new Maytag Epic washer and dryer set to be delivered, I've read the manuals for both and 3 questions remain:

The 4 transportation shipping bolts that need to be removed - the manual says to discard the bolts and spacers and if you need to transport the washer in the future (I will), to call my local service center. Is there some reason why I couldn't just reinsert the bolts/spacers myself when the time comes?

The salesperson told me that the washer would require infrequent cleaning of a hidden lint filter, accessed by removing the front panel. There's no mention of this in the manual. I thought that when it came to lint, washers were either self-cleaning or manual via an easy to access filter?

The dryer has 4-way venting but no discussion in the manual of how to change it from the default rear orientation (another "contact your local dealer"). In order to save as much room behind the unit as possible, I need the exhaust to exit from the right. Is this something I can do myself or something the installation people would do?

Also I apparently fail the minimum drainpipe specifications of 2" minimum diameter - mine is 1.5" diameter and definitely not easy to replace. It's worked fine for a large capacity top loader so do I need to worry about it for this FL?

Thanks for your feedback.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!