SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_32700530

Making progress I think after 3 weeks? Application Question?

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Well after getting some tips this is my 3rd week of working on my lawn. Ill start out listing what I did. This is a northern mix, I think that is Tall Fescue and KBG. When I bought the house it was a burnt lawn and overrun with dandelions. Very green to lawn care but been reading and watching a bunch of videos. Anyway You can see the progress below, the 3 pics in order week 1, week 2, week3.

1.) Week one I started with spraying Ortho Weed B Gone on entire lawn with a hose applicator to try and knock out the dandilions.
I started to see them dwindle down.
2.) I then sprayed the entire lawn with Miracle Gro Lawn Food.
3.) After reading something I realized I made a mistake and wasn't bagging or raking up the lawn clipping after mowing and in areas it was real think and left big clumping. But leaving these I think I have cause my lawn to get ran over with Plaintain. In wek 2 photo you can see the "holes" of no grass where plaintain were. I know have a bagging mower.
4.) I started spot spraying the plaintain with Spot spray weed killer safe for grass. I believe a lot are starting to wilt away but still many survived.
5.) I planted Scotts Grow Anywhere grass seed in some bare spots around the lawn but have seen no progress yet.
6.) Week 3 shows after the spot treatment and it seems a little fuller and greener (could be me just hoping). This leads me to 3 questions:

Question 1: I tend to water the grass and seed I layed every night at dusk (except if it rained that day). Is that to much/not enough water? Or ok?

Question 2: Would it be bad to spray the hole yard again with Ortho weed b gone that attaches to the hose as the plaintain it takes a lot of work to spot spray as there is so many on the one side. Is it 2 soon and would it harm the grass? Its been about 3 weeks since I sprayed it.

Question 3: I was looking into some good reviews of Scott's Turf Builder Weed and Feed. It is also on sale right now, would it be good to get this and a spreader and cover the lawn with this? Would it be harmful that I gave it Miracle Gro Lawn feed about 2 weeks ago. I heard Turf builder really greens it up and keeps the weeds down? IS this something I should do?

IF I am way off please feel free to let me know, Looking for some direction as very new to this. Thank you so much in advance.

(Which for some reason this wont let me add photos....click add and it just does nothing)

Comments (4)