SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amigo_gw

Amigo warning of the use of Fabric Softener.

amigo
16 years ago

I recently found Crooks101 string on this forum, after a Google search on reviews of Miele 48XX washers. Since then I have continued coming back to read more of everyoneÂs comments on FL washers, and even shared some opinions I have on dryer max balls, and even Dyson vacuums. LOL

Now I create this new String in this forum, as a Friendly warning to help people realize the danger they make by using fabric softeners, regardless if it is liquid or dryer sheets.

The following that I post is from some website that I found, but lost the link too. I had copied it as a source when I sold dryer balls at a fair months ago.

So how could products with pretty names like Soft Ocean Mist, Summer Orchard and April Fresh be so dangerous?

The chemicals in fabric softeners are pungent and strong smelling -- so strong that they require the use of these heavy fragrances (think 50 times as much fragrance) just to cover up the smells. Furthermore, synthetic fabrics, which are the reason fabric softeners were created in the first place, do not smell good either when heated in a dryer or heated by our bodies ... hence the need for even more hefty fragrances.

In other words, remove all the added fragrance that endears people to fabric softeners and -- like the cliché wolf in sheep's clothing -- the real smells of the chemical-laced fabric softener and the synthetic fabrics they were designed around may prompt people to shoot their laundry machines and be done with it.

Is Adding "Artificial Fragrance and Softness" To Clothes Worth It?

Fabric softeners are made to stay in your clothing for long periods of time. As such, chemicals are slowly released either into the air for you to inhale or onto your skin for you to absorb. Dryer sheets are particularly noxious because they are heated in the dryer and the chemicals are released through dryer vents and out into the environment.

Health effects from being exposed to the chemicals in fabric softeners include:

Central nervous system disorders

Headaches

Nausea

Vomiting

Dizziness

Blood pressure reduction

Irritation to skin, plus skin absorbs as a sponge

Irritation to mucus membranes & respiratory tract

Pancreatic cancer

Please continue to read the addition links I have supplied to educate yourself and share this with others. I really hope that a wave of educated people on this subject will cause companies to stop or change the way they create fabric softeners.

You have to also think; of all the millions that purchase these dangerous products, which is then rinsed away, only to drain into our water table, and then is recycled back to our drinking water. Another reason disease is becoming a growing concern?

My father passed on with Lou GehrigÂs disease, and my mother with Cancer. I donÂt believe in spending money supporting the Cancer/Lou Gehrig researches, as much as I believe in changing the way I spend my own money to prevent getting these kinds of diseases. And fabric softeners are one spendature I hope you all change, not only for your own health, but for the health of all.

To keep this thread active so more will read it, add a small comment. For good change can occur as long as we each do our part.

HereÂs too all your health, happy laundering in 2008!!!

1. http://www.life.ca/nl/84/softener.html

2. http://www.life.ca/nl/110/softener.html

3. Dryer Max Dryer Balls thread

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg0602273828929.html?12

Amigo Karen

(PS, I love the word Amigo; means friend in Spanish, I sponsor a poor Colombian girl through an outreach called Compassion, plus to continue her support I have started to sell a health drink which I take every day. It is called Amigo ÂCharge - it contains a delicious patented powder mix of the 3 most important super fruits, Acai Berry, Mangosteen and Goji Berry, these 3 have become the most essential health discoveries of our time, if anyone has a concern of their health, send me an email, IÂll send you more info. getamigo@gmail.com)

Comments (8)