SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

how do those new type port ac units work...

andrelaplume2
15 years ago

They are on wheels and claim not to need to be emptied or drainied, yet a duct goes to the window? A friend is who does not want a big unit hanging out of their window was asking...thought you folks might know. I did see one in Sams club...could not tell how it worked. I peeked my inetrest because our bedroom can only get cold enough (for me) by making the rest of the house too cold. I always thought a small window unit in my bedroom would make me more comfortable wile allowing me to set the stat downstairs up a few degrees. I figured I'd likley break even or do a letter better on my bill too. The wife though won't have and AC unit hanging out the fornt of the house either! I might be able to get away with one of these portable little guys though. Any thoughts, are they quiet, cheap, etc etc. I had good luck with a fin radiator this winter. I was able to set the stat lower at night and use the fin to keep 2 bedrooms a little warmer. I noticed no impact to my bill and we were more comfortable. I wonder if it would work the same way with the ac unit?

Also, I just heard the tailend of a radio commercial advertizing a new Carrier Hybrid Ac System....any one here about this...whats the hybrid part?

Comments (2)