SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Travelling over Thanksgiving holiday

neetsiepie
10 years ago

I pulled the trigger and booked a flight to go spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my sister. My brother & his family are actually driving down there, but I chose to fly.

We have a huge amount of extended family in So Cal, and I have several friends who I plan to meet up with while there, also, so I'm really excited about going. I'm going alone, too-no husband or kids-the first ever time I've not spent the holiday with any of them. Frankly, I'm looking forward to that-a lot less drama for me.

So, I've never experienced this busiest travel days of the year. I'm leaving on Tuesday, 11/25-returning on Monday, 12/2. My departing flight does have a lay over in San Francisco, but my return is non-stop. The weather on the West Coast is usually ok-don't expect snow or freezing weather.

I'm going from likely cold, rainy to sunny & snowy locale-with some time spent in sunny L.A.-so I'm planning to bring my hiking boots-should I plan to wear them and my winter parka on the plane?

Will the airports be a mess? Seasoned travelers, I ask-what should I expect? Is my time frame less likely to be mobbed? I was able to chose my seats and the planes were only half full so far-is that a good sign?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored