SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearab_gw

suggestions for mid priced washing machine?

cearab
15 years ago

I posted a message on the appliance forum before seeing there is a new "laundry" forum on gardenweb.

My parents are in need of a new washer, and I told them I will take them out to purchase one. The washer that came with their new home is dying (11 years old), and they need something in the next few weeks. A top loader is preferred, and I am looking for something mid-range price wise. They get confused by something with too many buttons or options. It's just the two of them, so I don't think extra large capacity with a necessity. My mother likes to wash her things on a delicate cycle and hang them to dry. I'd like them to have the automatic fabric softener option, as well as the end of cycle beeper.

My father has a Sears ad with a Maytag washer on sale (20% off), through the end of the month. I'm not thrilled with Sears in general, but wonder what others think of this brand of washer. To be honest, I don't think my parents will be in this house for longer than another 5 years or so. So, they are not in the market for a Miele type appliance, or anything in that price range. The last washer I bought was 7 years ago, a Kitchenaid, and I think I paid close to $400 for it. I've been happy with it thus far, but am open to consider all brands for my parents.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (2)