SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sorriso_gw

Oops, I didn't order a cabinet for over the MW; need help!

sorriso
16 years ago

I've ordered my cabinets through buycabinets.com for our DIY kitchen reno. The old kitchen had a counter microwave sitting in a really big cabinet on the wall taking up loads of precious storage space in our small, galley style kitchen. Once upon a time, there was a double oven in the space the single oven is in now so it seemed a natural spot to put the new microwave--I don't have the kind of cash for a hood nor the space to put the microwave anywhere else. I cannot change the positions of appliances.

To the right of the stove and microwave are the base and upper cabinet runs. To the left is the refrigerator although that is mostly pushed back into an alcove in the wall.

I didn't think at all about the microwave just hanging out there in space and it really would look better with a cabinet above it. I've just send off an email to buycabinets about getting another cabinet after-the-fact as my cabinets have been delivered. I'm concerned the shipping cost will be as much as the cabinet cost.

So, my question to all of you very creative people is, can you think of any viable options for this? Linking a picture would be good!

Thank you.

Comments (2)