SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

Slightly OT: Cat paw prints on my cabinets!

debrak2008
10 years ago

The cat is 9 years old and we have been using the same Fresh Step cat litter since she was 10 months old. No issues all this time. Now for some reason the cat is obsessed with getting on the kitchen island. I think she likes the heat. I remove her immediately, but I know at night she is up there.

So now on to the paw prints. We had a bag of litter and it seemed really dusty and I would have paw prints on my dark cabinets and she jumps up. I know there is cat litter dust on my counters! It blends in so I can't see it but I can feel it and have to keep wiping.

Contacted the company and they said the litter must have been mishandled in shipping and sent me a coupon for a free bag. I got the free bag (at a different store) and its just as bad.

My question is does anyone use wood pellets for cat litter? DH thinks we need to make a change. The cat also seems to be digging a lot in the litter and flinging in out of the box even with a door. The digging and the dusty litter seems to have started at the same time so I'm guessing they are related. DH confirms that the litter is very dusty right from the bag so she is not making it dusty by all the digging.

The cat appears very healthy and active (indoor only).

Sorry for the rambling... what cat litter to use so I don't have paw prints in my kitchen?

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals