SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

Slightly OT but do you have a favorite stock pot?

sue_ct
15 years ago

Help, please. I had an old Revere ware copper bottom 6 or 8 qt pot that I used for spaghetti sauce and soups from the time I got my first set after college to a couple of years ago. Then I forgot it on the stove and seriously burned the bottom and it was never the same after that. At least I thought it was 6 quart, although one I found on ebay that looks just like it says 4 1/2 qts. I have purchased a couple of stock pots since then and have not been happy. They don't seem to cook evenly or well, tend to burn sauces, etc. I am considering All Clad, Calaphalon Contemporary, or even switching to something like Le Crueset. I have looked on Ebay, and would also consider discounters like Tuesday Morning, Overstock and Marshalls or TJ Max. If I know what I am looking for I am confident I can eventually find it at a decent price (closer to 100.00 or 125.00 or less rather than 250.00 for one pot). I just don't want to be disappointed in what I end up with. I won't consider non-stick for this particular pan, and I prefer something not too tall for storage reasons, like the one linked below. Plus, I found it works better for me when simmering sauces than the taller narrower pans, which seem to require more watching and stirring during long simmering times.

Please let me know if you have a favorite that you love and would recommend. It is soup and stock season, I am getting the itch, and I would also love to make homemade spagetti sauce again, the kind I used to make using my mothers recipe that simmered for hours.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: My old Pot? on ebay

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH