SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyvia_gw

dealing with worry - cold feet

lyvia
13 years ago

Nothing is really wrong ... that is my mantra. The plans are almost right, need a few more tweaks. I'm trying to identify the things I need to buy outside the GC budget - kitchen appliances, then paint and furniture, maybe lights, someday landscaping, and slop money for whatever I missed. The bank seems to think we have plenty of money. I just hope they don't tell the GC lol!

We are moving towards signatures, the bank wants to close Feb 25, and GC is talking permits in March, digging in April. The architect is still sloppy - she missed a vent that I asked about, and so we have to move a closet. But she works for the GC, not much I can do. I hope I can get some language in the contract to protect me from her mistakes.

I've been scheduled for nose surgery next Thursday, which is at least eight appointments to keep. But I should sleep better afterwards, so that will help with coping skills. My cancer patient has a cold, which is likely to resolve itself. Hot herbal tea every hour for all of us.

I don't quite feel strong enough for signatures and commitment yet, butt nothing is really wrong. I feel like I am about to jump off of a cliff, totally lose control and allow strangers to rip apart my home while giving them much of our disposable income for the next fifteen years. Yet it also seems like the right thing to do. It would be insane to be unconcerned.

This feeling of wanting to relax and let the GC handle everything is probably like wanting to sleep when you are freezing to death. Then I get an anxiety moment, and decide to stare at the plans for two hours, but I haven't translated that into a written list of tweaks yet. Just a lot of red pen.

Famous last words - I just hope nothing else happens! I guess I will just keep doing chores and going to work and mulling this over. My fantasy addition is about to sweep me off on an exciting uncomfortable adventure. Treasure awaits, for those who dare.

Comments (14)