SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sloane529

Pics of new mudroom/laundry in old farmhouse, before&after!

sloane529
11 years ago

We just completed a remodel (tear down, rebuild part of a 100 year old farmhouse) including kitchen, laundry, FR as well as a master bedroom/bath addition. My old laundry was 5' wide so I could not even stand in front of washer with a basket. The new space is narrow but the foot and a half added makes a huge difference! I love the new space. Still looking for the right light and wall hangings for WC, in time.

Before (The space had a shower, washer, dryer, sink. The fabric to the right of the sink covered the old service panel! And sorry, pics seem to have been taken when we were moving out/cleaning up or fixing busted washer!):

Previous "coat closet" & back (= primary) entry:

And the new space, starting with pocket door by new back entry (still the primary entry to the house):

New coat rack/bench:

In use (just missing cushion):

Family command center:

New coat closet:

My requirement: Iron A Way ironing center:

Details: flooring American Olean River Moss tile, counter is Ecotop in Snow White, tile Crossville Savoy beadboard in white with bead liner, custom cabs and bench, wall paint Sherwin Williams Cruising, lighting LED recessed & Restoration sconce, faucet Moen Brantford, Water Ridge dual flush comfort height toilet, other fixtures from Moen, W/D from Sears

I'd love to answer any questions! Thanks again to GW for endless advice and inspiration!

Comments (16)