SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephmc72_gw

E-Bay return/refund....need opinions!

15 years ago

I purchased some custom painted wall letters spelling Camryn's name from someone on E-Bay. I worked with the lady on the design and sent her a piece from my crib bedding so she could match the colors. It took her almost 12 weeks to get them to me (she quotes 7-10 weeks), but that's not the issue. Anyway, when I finally got them, I didn't like them. The actual design was fine but the colors were WAY off. So off that they didnt look good in her room at all. I didnt expect an exact match but the pink especially was a completely different shade of pink. And they'd been smashed a bit during shipping (she packed them horribly).

I emailed her to tell her that I got them but that they were slightly damaged and that I was disappointed in the colors. I never said I would leave her negative feedback, nor did I ask for anything from her. My email was just to let her know how I was feeling. She responded and apologized and to my surprise, offered to refund all my money if I'd send them back. I wasn't expecting that at all, but I took her up on her offer. I sent them back to her via Priority Mail and the tracking confirmed that she received them on Dec. 29th. I have not received a credit through Paypal yet.

I emailed her last night and told her that I'd mailed them and that I saw she received them and asked if she could confirm that, as well as let me know when she'd be crediting my account.

I know it's a busy time with the holidays and all so I wasn't expecting an instant response or credit from her. I'm just curious, how long would you give her to respond and take care of this refund before you took further action (whatever that action may be...) I'm not at that point, I'm just curious how much time I should give her. The refund amount, if it makes any difference, is around $76.00

Comments (10)