SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buzzy0

Pictures and plan to critique on new kitchen-help!

buzzy0
15 years ago

{{gwi:1571694}}

{{gwi:1571695}}

{{gwi:1571696}}

{{gwi:1571697}}

We have already picked out the colors and layout of our granite/cabinets with our cabinet maker. I have having second thoughts about the color scheme for the cabinets above the cooktop. It will have large corbels, and applique and a shelf with cabinets above that will open like the rest of the cabinets but it will have a mantal look. (not like the first picture, it will have more details and be more ornate). We have very elaborate moldings as well. We have a center island which we are keeping the Black Galaxy granite that we already have and wanted to use the light color wood for the wood part of the center island. The remainder of the cabinets would be the darker color with the Pegasus granite (see sample square) for the other counter tops. We tried to make the mantel area incorporate both colors and the cabinet maker helped us by saying the cabinet part would be the lighter color wood matching the center island but we would incorporate the darker color by having the corbels, the applique, the mantel shelve and the crown molding be darker. I am just second guessing that decision and was thinking maybe that whole area should be light or dark, not both...I apologize for the confusion on my posting the pictures....it looks like my descriptions didn't transfer so I wanted to explain that the first picture is of the drawing of the kitchen, the other 2 are the colors and the last is a picture of what I was trying to accomplish with the color scheme and blending in the dark and light color stains. So my center island will be light with the black granite, the perimeter cabinets will be dark with the granite that I am showing the sample of, I have black appliances with a black silgranite sink. The part I am questioning is the area above the cooktop. Under the cooktop would be the dark cabinets, above the cooktop would be light with the dark as accents which would be the wood for the mantel, the corbels and the crown molding. I am just having second thoughts on it and was thinking it could look really good or horrible. I also wanted to mention that the picture of the sample of the lighter color wood looks yellow in the pictuure, it is actually closer picture of the kithen I am trying to capture the color scheme of....I also have pictures of our current kichen that we are ripping out if that would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner