SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lhartnett

What would you do? Will this look odd?

L H
15 years ago

Well the full scale remodel is off. After I placed the order but before I confirmed it, the truck broke down and DH told me we must fix the driveway which will cost 5k. With kids in college and the economy, I just can't justify or stomach a 20-30K remodel right now. So I cancelled the order. :(

My next brainstorm is a mini facelift. Paint the existing cabinets the color of white chocolate, replace cabs in the island (which holds my range) with a cognac color, replace a tall pantry on an end run (I hate it - closes in kitchen)with uppers/lowers also in cognac, new wilson art counters and hardware. I have several design dilemma's but I'll start with the island.

ISLAND DILEMMA: total island top possible is 72". Stove will take 30". Most useful cabs for me to add are a 30" 3 drawer on the right of stove and a 9" open end bookcase on left of stove. This also gives me a good amount of uninterupted counter on the right for prepping. This will make the stove off center. WILL THIS LOOK ODD?

Also, can I have full overlay doors (and the other two new ones but that's a nother dilemma) on the island when the other doors are standard overlay?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida