SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Windows 8 Frustration . . . and Confession

lynninnewmexico
10 years ago

As I mentioned in my earlier thread about my incredible frustration with the Windows 8 on my new Toshiba laptop, I'd ordered the book/manual "Windows 8 For Dummies" from Amazon. I did start to read thru it but, honestly, the bottom line for me was that the program is a royal PIA to use. I still hated it. DH, who likes to use my laptop occasionally, although he still mainly uses his desktop with Windows 7 Pro on it, was incredibly frustrated with W8.

I finally gave up, got onto the Toshiba site and found an online company (in India from the sounds of it) who would take off W8 and install W 7 Pro for me. It cost me $100, but it is so worth it for me. They did it remotely and it took less than an hour. DH is fairly computer literate but had absolutely no time to figure out how to do it himself. And, it would have taken him many hours, tons of frustration plus the cost of buying a new Windows 7 Pro program.

I now have both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8 on my laptop. To access W8, though, I do have to hunt for it . . . which I'm obviously NOT going to do!

Funny coincidence in that DH read today that Apple CEO is resigning. I wonder if it's because of the huge backlash that W8 has caused. So far, I haven't met a soul who likes it.

So, I have a brand new "Windows 8 for Dummies" manual and DVD available. I bought it for $20 and will gladly sell it for $10 if anyone is willing to try and figure the darn thing out. (LOL). As for me, I am so, so loving Windows 7 Pro again . . . ahhhh!
Lynn

Comments (26)