SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyfordals

Final issues in all new hvac and ducting

crazyfordals
14 years ago

Hi,

Had written a while back about all new ducting and hvac with many responses. Just a few questions if someone will answer. We installed all new ductwork, 3-ton Trane XL15i,

4TEE3F40B1(var speed), 4TWX5036, Honeywell TH8321, Clean Effects(just finished yesterday). From much reading on this site- I was concerned the tstat would not be programmed correctly-and I don't think it is. Someone from the company who assured me it would be is coming this week. I thought I was getting the correct tstat for my high humidity coastal area Hilton Head SC. Now trying to follow up on the work done I'm reading the TH8321 only uses overcooling to control the humidity where the IAQ slows down the fan speed. I'm going to number my issues:

1. Why have the variable speed fan (if only the IAQ makes it vary-what else does it do?)

2.Is the Comfort R feature turned off or on? (DIP switches set correctly?)(on for TH8321 and off for IAQ)

3.Do I need an EIM to make the IAQ work if I have them change it and I'm not even sure what an EIM does other than it is the communication link?

The sales guy had steered me away from the IAQ early on and I thought he told me the TH8321 controlled the fan speed. Does it have a humidistat? Installation talks about if optional humidistat is used, then jumpers are connected differently.

4. Now I just read that the IAQ is not compatible with the XL15i anyway.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Nadine

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!