SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monica_pa

Whole Foods - Disappointment

monica_pa Grieves
14 years ago

Well, they opened a new Whole Foods supermarket on Tuesday. Took them over two years to build it, and it's supposed to be the largest ever.

So, I went there to see it.

Big disappointment.

Parked in the store's underground garage, got out of the car and had to pass through what seems to be the employee smoking area to get into the store. Nothing like walking into what is supposed to be a health conscious store - through a haze of cigarette smoke.

Came up the escalator into the store itself, and counted the checkout counters - only 14 of them for a large store.

Not many in line, tho....found the lines at the meat and seafood counters. Long lines that obstructed the narrow aisle in front of the counter. No prime meats, only choice. I asked a butcher at the meat counter if the fillet mignons(29.00/lb) were Prime or Choice. he told me "Choice, choice is a higher grade than prime. We don't sell prime". I walked away.

Narrow aisles in the entire store...barely 2 carts wide.

High prices in every department, especially in the small produce and meat departments. Not much variety, either.

However, the boxes of clementines were a dollar cheaper than other supermarkets in the area.

Lots of employees running around....with empty hands, and ignoring customers. Maybe they were looking for the smoking area downstairs?

What is all the fuss about this chain?

Comments (34)