SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steelmagnolia2007

Need help with fried lobster

steelmagnolia2007
16 years ago

Some friends went to their daughter's for Easter weekend, and she took them to a restaurant featuring fried lobster. They had a fit over it, and the chef was kind enough to share general instructions. They're coming here Sat. night (sort of a hang-out-in-the-kitchen thing rather than a formal dinner party) and offered to bring lobster tails so we could try to recreate their wonderful meal.

The only specific she shared when she called was that the lobster was fried in a tempura batter. She said her notes weren't real exact as to quantities and so forth, so I was hoping someone could share a T&T recipe so we don't mess up a *very* expensive entree. Any pointers on technique and timing would be a great help also.

Also, should I go to my son's house and lug back the deep-fryer he 'borrowed' 3 years ago, or will an electric skillet work just as well? I'm assuming a sauce would add to the general yumminess. Would a standard tartar sauce be best, or more of a shrimp cocktail type or something else entirely? Any other menu suggestions besides a salad?

I did a search and nothing I found really grabbed me. I did notice a lot of comments from people on several sites saying what a disgusting way this was to ruin fabulous seafood. lol Oh, well... I'm willing to suspend judgment until I actually taste it.

sm

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville