SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacitti2

What do you think of this Install?

jacitti2
14 years ago

I just had a Carrier System installed by a Presidential Winner, etc, etc. company. I told the installers as they left I was not happy with several things. The followup supervisor is coming back next week. I would appreciate any comments.

First, I totally lost confidence in the installers when I found a small leak that was blowing oil near the condenser on the HP line. I had to catch the installers in the driveway as they left to fix it. Then I really started checking the installation. What are real issues and where am I being too picky?

1 the refrigerant lines are routed in front of the evaporator access doors on the air handler (split system).

2. The dryer is located indoors which means any future replacement requires brazing indoors. I have never seen one not located in the Condenser unit.

3. The Duct sealant tape is bridged and not fully contacting the duct at 90 degree seams. That seems likely to start leaking as the system ages.

4. The ductwork is dented where it was force fit. There are bends and buckles in the metal. It is not square, also.

5. The brazed joints are all globbed up. They look like someone sealed them with Play-Doh.

6. The condenser/compressor assembly was not leveled and rocks when touched.

7. The thermostat reads 4 degrees low

8. The Thermostat is not secure to the wall. It rocks when the adjustment buttons are pushed.

9. Stucco penetrations are not sealed

I appreciate any comments on how I should proceed. I have not paid for the system yet.

Comments (3)