SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelaid

i just wanted to say thank you!

angelaid
15 years ago

To everyone who sent Mildred cards, letters, gifts and YARN (LOL) for her 100th Birthday.

We went to see her yesterday. She had dozens of cards taped up all over her room and had dozens more on her lap that she was going through methodically. Between the article that ran in the paper Christmas Day (she was distressed that her daughter was ill and couldnÂt bring her blue yarn for the blanket she was working on) and the boards, she said she got so many skeins of yarn, they wouldnÂt fit under her bed and her daughter had to take a lot home to store for her.

She looked at me, with this bewildered look on her face, and said, "I canÂt possibly respond to all these cards and letters..." I assured her it wasnÂt necessary.

The press had come in early in the morning to interview her. As they were getting ready to wrap up, they asked Mildred if they could get a picture for the article. She told them, "You certainly may NOT. I havenÂt been to my hair appointment yet." LOL

SheÂs been busy, busy the past week or so. Breakfast out, a trip to Spokane to see an old friend, dinner out, a birthday party at the Center, a cookie exchange with her church friends. SheÂs 100 and IÂm exhausted just hearing about her schedule this week!

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I had tears in my eyes walking out to the car yesterday at the outpouring of love and kindness of my "invisible friends".

*teary eyed again*

Comments (4)