SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Need Advice: Blog, Website, What, Where, How?????

lynninnewmexico
9 years ago

As many of you know my DH is a family practice doc. One of his biggest frustrations is that quite a number of his patients are always complaining that they can't lose weight . . . or at least, enough weight to live healthier lives. And/or they think that they're eating healthfully but are substituting one bad thing for another in their diets or in their recipes. DH is a brilliant doc and one who really cares about each and every one of his patients. He's given them ideas and substitutions over and over again, but many forget them or just don't want to bother searching for the right recipes.

At first, DH thought that I might write up and print out some of our favorite healthful recipes to hand out. I nixed that one because I think most handouts end up forgotten, lost or thrown away. Many patients might take one of each but end up only using one or two. IMO, it would be a waste of time and paper.

Now, he wants me to instead, create some place online where I can post healthful, low-carb, low-fat, etc. recipes and ideas for them to access. I like the idea well enough, but have no idea how to go about it. I have created my own personal cookbook using the (purchased) Living Cookbook online program, which I like and use daily, but I need a simpler something for his patients. Can you give me ideas, please?

* I don't want it to be public. I want a site that his patients and my family members can access with a simple password.
* I want something that they can read but not post questions or comments
* Is it possible to have something that people don't have to join, like a parent company such as Facebook, but can just access with a password?
* I need a site where their names, email addresses, etc. are not visible to others.
* a site where I can post pics of each recipe.
* a site that's secure enough.

Many thanks for any and all suggestions and info!
Lynn

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!