SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dances_in_garden

How do you knitters keep track?

dances_in_garden
18 years ago

I love to crochet, and recently decided to try once again to learn to knit. My own grandmother gave up on me years ago in that respect ;).

I have now mastered casting on and off, knitting and purling, and passing/slipping stitches. I can knit flat, or in the round using four needles or cabled-needles.

My problem? I keep losing my place! I find it so hard to keep track of where I am on a pattern as far as which row when compared to crocheting. It isn't easy for me yet to distinguish individual stitches unless they are on the needle at this point. Of course, I think if I used regular knitting worsted in easy to see colours it might help. Everything I have made so far was dark and fuzzy (think HomeSpun yarns).

How do you keep track? Make little tick marks, write down numbers, what? I am scatter brained to begin with and even a small interruption when I knit makes me lose my place.

This problem is when doing pattern rows. Also, when you have made a mistake and have to rip back, how the heck do you do that with knitting?????????

Who has completely taken apart and restarted a pair of legwarmers four times and is ready to scream!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions