SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gbsim1

Fallen off the wagon

gbsim1
15 years ago

The cooking and CF wagon that is! For the past two weeks or so, I haven't told anyone Happy Birthday, I'm sorry about your illness, Wow that looks delicious etc.... I've been busy doing other things, but unfortunately not cooking!

I've stimulated the economy of our local area as we've eaten out so many meals that I can't even count them. My dishwasher might just be rusting up from disuse!! Just pulling something out of the freezer seemed like a lot of work and even that didn't happen very often!

Yesterday, I made tuna melts and I could see my DH Joe thinking Wow, she's actually cooking something!!! The sandwiches with four ingredients seemed almost like gourmet fare, so I knew I had to kick myself into action.

I'm here for some accountability. I'm putting pen to paper as soon as I close this message and then heading to Whole Foods to buy groceries for the week. Wish me luck and I'll post my results. My oldest son just called and said he'd like to come out for dinner tonight before leaving to go out of town, so now the pressure is really on to go out and get some food.

This is the sad status of my refrigerator now after throwing out several "science experiments" and nasty fruits and veggies.... I bought milk and eggs yesterday after church or it would really be bare!

Grace

Comments (25)