SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtundermyfingers

Update on Rhiannon and the rest of the family Prayers needed!

dirtundermyfingers
13 years ago

Well, it always seems like if something could happen, it will happen at our house lol. Rhiannon is getting around great, with her crutches and hopping around the house. Today has been 3 weeks in a cast, and looks like at least 3 more weeks to go. Thankfully DH works at school and can carry her up the stairs and help out when needed. Went to Dr. last Monday and he said that it looks like it is healing pretty good on the x-rays which is welcome news.

Now DH has sleep apnea and hasn't been able to keep the cpap on all night since he got it last spring. Found out the problem when we went to the ENT because he was so tired all the time. His right nostril is completely blocked, he has broken his nose so much in football in college and High school that the cartlige has curved over to close the nostril, which means that the cpap can't deliever the air. So waitning on a surgery date to rebreak the nose and set it, clean out the upper sinuses that have been trying to compinsate for the broken nose, trim his uvula since it is so big and also take out his tonsils which have been a problem for years.

While in the ENT I had him check Hudson's ears, he has had several bad ear infections despite having tubes in his ears. When he checked found out the tubes are in but completely blocked and aren't doing their job. So he is going to have surgery to replace the tubes, remove his adnoids and tonsils because of his snoring and because he gets sick so often.

It has been a tough few months, when it rains it definately pours around here. If you have a second or two for some prayers for our family that would be great. Thank you for all the prayers and cards for our family during the Christmas season, it made it a wonderful holiday for everyone in the family. The kids are still looking at the Christmas cards weeks later.

I know that this too shall pass and things will get better, but it is hard on the mama. I know that we will have lots of recupperating time coming up and besides taking care of everyone, still have to take care of the house. Fighting depression is an ongoing and daily fight and it is really hard at this time to keep my head up. I figure as long as I keep treading water and keep my head above water it will be okay.

Sorry for the long post, but with so much going on, it is easy to become overwhelmed.

Stacie

Comments (16)