SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadow700

Carrier Infinity Qs: Low fan lockout & remote temp sensor

shadow700
12 years ago

I have a 6 year old Carrier furnace and AC with Infinity controls and have two questions about it. I'm hoping someone here might have the answers.

First, is there any way to lock out the LOW fan speed during AC operation? The system does a great job cooling the house (with the exception of one room, which I will post separately about), but we get stratification between the upstairs and downstairs unless I push the fan from AUTO to MED (at minimum). The design of the second floor trunk is kinda crappy, but we had to work around it. In low, I don't think we are getting the CFMs upstairs we need.

Second, alternatively (or maybe even in conjunction with the first option), is it possible to split or augment the temperature sensor into multiple locations in the house? I'd like to have the AC sensor be upstairs while having he Heating sensor downstairs. I have access to run wires between floors in a location or two, so I considered just running a second set of 4-wire thermostat cable upstairs and moving the thermostat twice a year.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!