SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toastysquirrel

Help! How Do I Disable my AC's BEEPing

14 years ago

Hey everyone, I really need some help here with the beeping that comes from my AC. It's not a malfunction or anything, it's just the factory built-in *beep* that the system issues *EVERYTIME* a button is pressed on either the remote or the unit dashboard. It is annoying enough during the day, but at night, when the roommates start adjusting the temp/settings it wakes me and anyone else up and interrupts a normally sound sleep.

There has got to be a way to disable this noise, it has no purpose other than to annoy and distract I'm familiar with computers so I know with a PC you can just pop open the case, find the cable for the onboard speaker and unplug it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the AC's beeping for good? It's loud, annoying, and useless and is messing with some serious beauty sleep for me and other people in the house. :)

Note: a social solution is not an option at this point, stopping the AC from squaking at ever button press is the only way to go.

Does anyone have any advice, even general suggestions as to where I might start? Thanks in advance everyone.

Toasty

PS. AC is a Kenmore 530.71184100 window unit.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!