SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
somepeabody1

A/C runs alot - concrete block walls heating up

peabody1
10 years ago

We live in sunny FL. Our air conditioner runs alot. Our concrete block with stucco house sits in the sun. It seems like the concrete blocks heat up during the day and release the heat in the evenings. Even when it is cool outside our A/C will be running. I have had the A/C guy check the unit and everything is working great. It is sized appropriately, etc. I try to close the blinds on the west side of the house in the afternoons. We can't plant trees to shade the sides of our house because our homes are so close together. They put foam insulation in our blocks when the house was constructed and we even had the garage insulated, plus the garage attic plus insulated garage door. Our windows are Low-E windows. Our house has a very light gray roof and is painted a light color. I feel like our A/C wouldn't run as much if we could keep the sun off the exterior walls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We live in a community that has rules. So you just can't do anything you want. You have to get their blessing. But perhaps some of you have some ideas that we haven't thought of and they might approve of.

Comments (5)