SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtimmer_gw

First crack at our kitchen layout

mtimmer
10 years ago

Little nervous here, but here goes our initial (and very rough) kitchen layout. Here's the scoop:

Existing kitchen is 12 by 12 feet with a wall separating the kitchen and living room. Our plan is to remove that wall to open everything up (we've been led to believe that is structurally feasible). There is a nice ocean view looking from our proposed prep area across the living room that we are trying to take advantage of that. In adding an eating area, we are infringing on the kitchen space (since it seems relatively wide) and (more or less) leaving the living room area intact.

We are adding the door to the outside, which makes the layout awkward, but if we didn't do so our day-to-day lives would be even more awkward in terms of coming and going. The door can move, but we need it against that wall.

We have numerous concerns about much of our design, but rather than list those concerns we thought it best to first hear what everyone had to say. We're just starting to meet with professionals to do this work and we're trying to develop our own point of view first. In terms of lifestyle, it's just my wife and me. We both like to cook and family gatherings are relatively small. I do hope my graph paper drawing is semi-coherent! Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH