SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julia_123

Please Help This Horrible Crochet-er!!!!!

julia_123
18 years ago

Hello! I didn't know that gardenweb had non-gardening forums, a nice surprise!! :)

I love to crochet. I've made scarves for every person I know. I *love* giving them as gifts. I have tons of yarn at home and I can't resist buying more yarn when I go to Joann Fabrics.

The problem is that I'm horrible at crocheting. Horrible. When I make a scarf, I'll start out with a, say, 8 inch row. I think that I'm making the rows all even, but somehow the rows shrink...and shrink...and shrink...until I end up with a 4 inch row. And this is at the very beginning of the scarf, within the first 10 inches of crocheting!! It looks like I'm crocheting the shape of a wide-bottomed vase, instead of a normal scarf. :(

To combat this, I've starting trying to crochet an extra few loops on each end. Even this doesn't even out the rows and it looks all bumpy and strange.

I don't feel good about giving these as presents because they look so bad. I know it's the thought that counts, but I want to make something that I really take pride in. Could anyone give me any tips on how to crochet a nice, normal scarf??? I'm really sad about this.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions