SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amino_x

My Great-Neice's Blanket Finally FINISHED! (with pics)

Amino_X
18 years ago

First let me say thank you to everyone who helped me with the "Creeping-in" problem. This is the blanket that was creeping on me and by the time I was half-done with it, discovered that I had to pull it out and start all over again.

I just finished it!! (not 30 minutes ago)

I used Lion Brand Baby Soft yarn in simple White (100) and Pastel Pink (101) and love both the feel and drape of the finished blanket. It was a bit on the expensive side, but the end result was lovely.

I made it "twin" sized so it could grow with her and was aiming at 60"x80" but the finised size was about 5" short coming in at 55" x 75"

I realized yesterday that everything about this blanket went in 3's ha ha. I guess that's only right for a 3 year old huh? ha ha.

The "field" of the blanket is one of the more simple puffy shell stitches (sc,hdc,dc) then skip 2 stitches and repeat.

Since I could not figure out the pattern for the pineapple border I wanted to make for this, I went with a much simpler pointed shell pattern

([3dc 3sc 3dc] skip 2 st) but then made a "petticoat ruffle" by simply adding 3 full borders.

Just under the wire too! Her baby brother is due October 27th

Thanks again for all the help gang, and Best Wishes

Amino-X

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions