SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texashomeowner_gw

heat pump selection advise requested

texashomeowner
13 years ago

Been reading all the blogs and have gotten several quotes on different units. First I'm replacing a 2 1/2 T unit that mainly serves the bedroom with a vent to a hallway and the livingroom (another unit also vents into livingroom from the other side-probably poor original design but that's what it is). Should I install 2 1/2T or should 2T be enough? Found out they put in a 4T unit on the other side where it should have been 3T but that might have to be replaced soon as well. Got quotes on Lennox, Carrier Comfort Series, Trane XR14 and Trane XL15i (all 15+SEER rating). Replacing an old R-22 unit. One installer said he wouldn't need to replace the lines - is that correct? I thought there was some difference in size. Most only have 10 yr warranty on parts-1 yr labor except Trane XL15i which costs much more. Is it worth it? Any comments about what would be best. Lennox is cheapest and I had it before and it was fine. People tell me it's gone downhill. Need to make a decision within the next week - need to know exactly what questions to ask.

Comments (3)