SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestyears_gw

Can We Talk About Movies Again?

bestyears
11 years ago

I sat on my couch last night working my way through the movie recommendations post. Unfortunately, of the ones I had not yet seen, I couldn't find one (that we wanted to see) listed in On Demand. So we watched Bernie, which was surprisingly good! Jack Black has got some serious acting chops, which I would not have suspected. I didn't realize that it was actually based on a true story here in Texas.

Anyway, I wanted to start a new movie thread.... which movies have had the greatest impact on you? Positively or negatively? I don't mean in a 'change your life' kind of way. Just in a visual, memorable way. For me, it is Blindness (2008). I saw it during the school day with a good girlfriend, and I still remember walking out of that theater, and feeling so frightened of the world. There are some incredibly violent scenes, and an apocalyptic storyline of declining depravity. Essentially it shows you what might happen when the structure of society is stripped away. So to this day, I wake up at night occasionally sweating over scenes from this movie.

Is there a movie that falls into this category for you?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH