SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ont

Anyone else sob loudly at movies? :)

nicole_ont
14 years ago

I was reading the thread about Julie and Julia (which I haven't seen but am very much looking forward to) and a few of you mentioned having tears in your eyes. Well....

I have a problem. I don't get teary at movies. If there's a touching part, whether happy or sad, I often bawl. And not just with those really beautiful, soul-touching stories either (although those are often the worst). Sophie and I went to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks - the Squeaquel" on Wednesday. At a couple of spots toward the end of the movie, I had tears pouring down my face and had to cover my mouth to stifle the hiccup sob. It was a corny kids movie for crying out loud! And it happens just about every time.

I remember when I went to see Titanic (what, 15 years ago?). People were looking around to see what blubbering idiot was interrupting the movie. Yeah, that'd be me. Tears were soaking my shirt, my nose was running, my whole body was shaking with the sobs and the effort to stop the sobs. HUGELY embarrassing. Now, that's the worst I've ever been, but still.... I cry at just about every movie!

Anyone else? Please tell me there's someone else!

:)

Comments (24)