SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
needsometips08

Where would you move my microwave to?

needsometips08
15 years ago

I am throwing around so many ideas, you guys must think I am nuts. You guys have so much expertise though! Your advice is wonderful!

I saw a pic of Teppy's cabinets and they inspired me to abandon ideas for floor and countertop and spend almost all of my budget on new cabinets and then go cheap for the counters and floors, which can always be replaced later.

I have appts to get 3 bids this week from cabinet builders.

So again, here is the pic of my kitchen so you can see the layout, which I find to work very well. I am open to mixing anything up, but the main goal is to get rid of the microwave from over the range. But where? I am replacing both microwave and range, and will split out into cooktop and wall oven if that's the better choice.

I am also bumping out the island so it's more like 4' wide, but plan on putting garbage cabinets with pedal on both sides with the extra room.

I am thinking the desk area will become a built in floor to ceiling hutch type thing.

So where would you move my microwave to or what would you rearrange to make it happen?

BTW, there is 23" from fridge to wall on both sides.

Comments (4)