SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justinea_gw

Advice on moving by myself to a new state, please.

justinea
10 years ago

Hi, I am a long-time lurker, looking for advice and suggestions of things I haven't thought of. Husband and I have been married 31 years, I am 56, we have 2 sons, 1 who is own his own and 1 who is in his sr. year at college. It is the classic, the kids are gone and we have nothing in common and don't enjoy the same things anymore.
I don't like the me I am in this marriage or home anymore. I work from home in a well paying job, we don't have any debt except house mortgage. My brother has a home in Florida that he uses a few weekends a year. I have asked him if I can stay there for a month while I look for a rental.
I plan on moving in my suv with some clothes, tolietries, a few personal items and look for a furnished rental. I will look for something I can afford in a safe area.
Has anyone started over in a new place? I am an introvert with a few good friends here. I don't want to stay in this state; it's too expensive; my older son may move to Florida next year and my other son could end up anywhere with his degree.
Just looking for your thoughts and guidance. Thanks, j

Comments (13)