SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babbsinaz

new greenhouse new state. help please?!

babbsinaz
18 years ago

I just moved to Arizona from Florida about two months ago with 67 orchids that I have accumulated over the past 4 years. I'm dreadfully down to about 30,( I don't want to count exact numbers 'cuz I don't want to cry, more). Anyways, my mom came from FL. for a visit and the the night before she left she wrote me a check and told me to buy a greenhouse. I did. I got a 6X10 polyethelene aluminum frame from a Costco ad. I'm not quite sure where to place it. It is all built but I still haven't pu

t the plastic on it, in case it has to be moved. I have in under a tree that allows morning sun in on the eastern side, afternoon rays,(little ones), and late afternoon rays. Is this okay or should I set it in the full sun, and put a shading cloth over it in these 115 degree summers? I read enough from you guys to know that I'm going to need a swamp cooler. Oh, would I still need a humidifier with one? I will only be nursing my poor babies, and if all goes well then I'll replace some. This is all very new to me. In Florida I had them hanging under trees in my backyard. I took so much special care in getting them here now I feel like I should have left them with the renters.

Please help me, I'm very anxious to get the few remaining back to health and hopefully a bloom or two.

THANX,

Barbie

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths