SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hstlnflw

New heat pump & Air handler

hstlnflw
14 years ago

Ok so I've been reading thru this blog and I'm a bit confused if my pricing is good or not, if I need to find a new installer, and should I just install window units?!!!

The company I have decided to go with has offered me Trane 4TWX5030 xl 15i HP, 4TEE3CO4A1 VARIABE SPEED AH, BAYHTR1419 HEAT STRIPS, TCON802 TSTAT honeywell filter new lineset some duct repecement, but just around the new AH (nothing major), 10 Year Parts 1 YEAR LABOR for $6375

36 months same as cash

Well on another blog RyanHughes pointed out 2 things to me that were wrong from the proposal, that I had to have the installer fix. This is making me worried that they may install the wrong equipment that doesn't matchup. I'm a single young mother and my little one has really bad allergies, so the media filter was important and in the winter humidity is important. This was the only company that took everything I was concerned with intop consideration when propsing me a system. I don't want to have a headache for no reason.

My questions are

1) is my price fair?

2) is this a good system that qualifies for tax credit?

3) Should I be looking for the installer to do anything differently as far as the unit? (i.e. thermostat, I've seen people talking about an IAQ)

4) Can trane provide a labor warranty in case company goes under?

The company has been around since 1961 and did the original install when this home was built. They did a load calculation per my request and this size is right.

?????

Comments (12)