SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madamg2u

The NinjA

madamg2u
14 years ago

My kitchen remodel is still in the works but I've been looking at new toys to purchase. I was wondering what you all thought of the Ninja. I watched the infomercial this morning and think I might want to purchase.

Does anyone have one and what do you think of it?

MadmG2U

Comments (7)

• lindac
    14 years ago

Not a fan of anything on an infomercial...in my experience and the experience of everyone I know....it's overpriced junk.
    do you have a cuisinart food processor? A waring blender? A Kitchen Aid mixer? A Braun hand held blender?
    Those are the toys to start with....and if you have money, storage space and still have a need then look to the Ninja.
    Linda C

• althetrainer
    14 years ago

I've never heard of the Ninja until now. I have an old Oster blender that does almost everything except food processing. Like Linda C, I am always skeptical about things sold on the infomercial. If I am interested in some infomercial gadgets I will do a lot of review search before investing my money in it. Amazon.com carries it. You may want to go there to see what other people have to say about it.

Al

Here is a link that might be useful: Ninja on Amazon

• madamg2u
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't have any of the above..well I have a kitchen aid hand mixer. I will have a tiny kitchen so space is limited.

Thanks for you thoughts.

MadamG2U

• User
    14 years ago

If space is limited then buy something that will get you the most mile for the dollar. I think you'll be much happier with the smaller model of a top end food processor.

If space is a real problem then buy yourself a top end stick blender with chopper and whisk attachments. Good tools cost extra bucks but they pay for themselves a hundred times over.

• madamg2u
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone. I've read reviews on Amazon and QVC and it has gotten some good reviews. Hmmm... because of budget (still have so much more to purchase for kitchen and bath) it may be the way I go.

MadamG2U

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

Madmag, I bought the Ninja after I burned out (due to not adhearing to the warnings in the users manual). I like it and now know to "pulse" versus continually holding down the operation button. I liked the thick glass canisters from my previous blender; the Ninja has heavy plastic canisters but then it's a lot cheaper and I got it at BB&B with the 20% off coupon.

Cathy

• Islay_Corbel
    14 years ago

It really depends on the use you'll give it. I have a similar thing to the Ninja and use it every day because we love fruit smoothies. My other daily used tools are a Braun hand blender and mini chopper and an electric grater/slicer.
    Personally, I don't want a food processor - gave mine away. I find them bulky to store and a pain to clean.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022