SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgdawg

New Contruction HVAC Question

MGDawg
11 years ago

Hello,

Heating and Cooling loads for our new construction in eastern Ontario were calculated by a third party HVAC Design company. Here are the numbers:

Heating: 65600 Btuh
Cooling: 29300 Btuh

That companyâÂÂs recommendation was for a 80K furnace and a 2.5 Ton air conditioner.

HereâÂÂs what our HVAC contractor proposed (we requested the Carrier Infinity lineup) for supply and installation:

- Furnace: Infinity Greenspeed 59MN7A080V17-14
- A/C: Infinity 24ANB630A003
- Thermostat: Infinity Control SYSTXCCUID01-V

IâÂÂm not sure if thereâÂÂs anything that requires âÂÂmatchingâ (most of the posts I see on here are about Heat Pumps), but any comments on the above?

We also need an HRV and I had asked him to price out the Venmar AVS EKO 1.5. IâÂÂm not sure if there are many others on the market but I eyed this HRV because it has ECM motors and moves a sufficient amount of air as per requirements. There is only a $230 difference between that one and an comparatively sized Carrier Performance HRV (HRVCCLHA1150) that supposedly communicates through the Infinity Control. I canâÂÂt find many specs on the latter, but can anybody provide insight on the energy efficiency of the unit and also on what kind of control can be done through the Infinity Thermostat?

Thanks for the help!

Comments (14)