SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

Had Accident Last Night

samkaren
15 years ago

Had a minor mishap (okay accident) last night on the way home. I was coming up to a curve in the road and started to slow down (even though I wasnÂt going fast). I hit a patch of Black Ice and started sliding. I lost control of the truck and plowed right into a huge snow bank. I had just found my cell phone when out of now where (by miracle or magical intervention) there was a state trooper at my door. He asked if I was okay (which I was) and checked the front of the truck for damage. He said it didnÂt appear to have any damage but I would need to be pulled out by a tow truck. He also said that 4 other vehicles had hit that same patch of ice throughout the day. I called DH and told him what happened and not to worry as the trooper was staying with me until help arrived. After the tow truck came and pulled me out they checked again for any damage. There was a mangled street sign underneath the truck that got stuck but they were able to pull it out. I also missed hitting the Stop Sign by 12 inches. I called DH back and told him everything was okay and I was on my way home. IÂm okay but was very shaken last night. I told the state trooper how grateful I was that he was there and I am going to send him a thank you note in the mail. DH was relieved when I got home and thankful I wasnÂt hurt. I was thankful that the truck wasnÂt damaged. IÂve never had anything like this happen to me in 30 years of drivingÂsure was a scary moment.

SamKaren

Your resident DJ

Comments (14)