SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Design Star: Where's Candice Olson?!?!?

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

I love this show, but lately it seems like I'm missing more episodes than I'm seeing this season. OK, so I have to admit, as much as I've loved the show in the past, this year's crop of would-be designers do NOT, IMO, have the talent and personality (together) to be the host of their own design show. But, I do love the premise . . . and the judges. So, tonight I only managed to catch the last ten minutes of the show and there's no Candice! Some "guest" judge along with Vern Yip and Genevieve Gorder. What happened . . . anybody know???

Granted, it has to be frustrating for the judges to see the bland, boring stuff this year's crop of designers are coming up with;no potential Genevieves or Davids that I can see, although I do think there are/were some good designers in the bunch. Perhaps the time constraints they put these poor people up against, the lame premises for some of the episodes/rooms (like tonight's), or the conflict the HGTV heads seem to want to foster (for ratings?)keep them from creating great designs.

(Sigh!)Whatever it is, where in the heck was Candice?!? Did she bail mid-season out of frustration? Are Vern and Gen right behind her? Anybody have any info?

Lynn

Comments (20)