SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Crazy Postnatal Hair Question

ttodd
14 years ago

Sensitive question here. First of all let me apologize for the nature of this question. I'd ask my OB/GYN but I'm to embarassed t schedule any appt.s since I am still paying off my bill from delivery 1 yr. ago.

So here's my question: All of our children have been delivered via CS. I noticed that w/ the 2nd delivery not all of my hair 'you know where' grew back after being shaved for delivery. Um OK - a little strange looking but whatever.

W/ PG #3 I noticed that I didn't have to shave my legs or under arms nearly as much. After delivery a nurse and I were talking and she said it happened to her but after her delivery it returned to normal. It's been a yr. for me and I only have to shave my legs about once every 2 wks max (not too bad :O)!) and even then it's barely noticable. I've actually been able to go for a month! Under arms aren't like they used to be before either.

So I decided to start bikini waxing. Ummmm, I still haven't had to go back for quite a few months. The hair on my head is still growing super fast (longest it's ever been) and my head hair typically grows veeeeeery slow.

I never took prenatal vitamins (made me to sick) and I stopped BF when DD was 9 mo old. She turns 1 in a wk.

Don't get me wrong - I'm VERY OK w/ the slowed hair growth or lack thereof in some places, but I can't find an explanation for it and it's never happened to any of my friends or family members.

Has anything similar happened to any of you?

Comments (9)