SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

Kelsey's new dog bed....

gwanny2three
15 years ago

She has bad hips..arthritis. Ever since we took the carpet out a few years ago she is having a hard time finding a comfortable spot to lay. She usually lays on throw rug. We have tried many beds for her. Our living room is small and with all of the kids we have no room to leave a huge bed out for her. So we've been dragging it in and out everynight for her to sleep on. After awhile it stinks and is full of hair. I got so tired of doing all the moving it around and washing it every few days. I saw this and decided to try it. She took to it right away and slept all night on it. I usually hear her and Dudley both walking around during the night to switch spots to sleep. DH got up to check on them a few times to see if they wanted to go out and he said she was sleeping on it everytime he got up. This is made of the kind of mesh that the beach/patio chairs are made of. It supposed to keep her cooler as it's off of the floor/ground and relieve those pressure points for her. Kind of like our sleep number bed...but without the controls! She must have loved it because she slept all night! When I first opened it and set it up yesterday Dudley was the first one to hop up on it....now when Kelsey isn't on it he is! I'm ordering another one today for Dudley. He's not hurting anywhere, but I'm sure he'd appreciate some comfort too......also this can be folded up, it's lightweight and it can be hosed down...no more stinky dog beds! Hooray!

Comments (12)